The Oceania Development Network invites citizens of the Pacific Island Countries who are development researchers, academics, policy analysts and policy makers, facilitators for governments, and staff of local government officers, donors,and non-state-actors to submit abstracts (not more than 300 words) of papers to be presented at the 2013 ODN Biennial Conference.
Conference: “Addressing Inequality and Promoting Inclusive and Sustainable Development”
Dates: 11th and 12th September, 2013
Venue: University of the South Pacific, Fiji
The deadline for the receipt of abstracts is April 30, 2013 and should be forwarded to the ODN Secretariat email: email@example.com
Papers should relate to regional issues and aligned to the conference theme: “Addressing Inequality and Promoting Inclusive and Sustainable Development” such as:
- Addressing inequality: conceptual and measurement issues
- Multidisplinary dimensions of inequality
- Opportunities for equality: Pacific perspectives
- Promoting equality and inclusive development: Pacific experiences
- Pacific voices on gender, inequality and social protection
- Structure and opportunities for change: Promoting social protection for inclusive development in the Pacific
- Do Pacific policies promote inclusive development and social protection? Lessons learned and key challenges
- Sectoral experiences in social protection and inclusive development
- Inequality, social protection and inclusive development in the context of post 2015 development agenda
The researchers’ guidelines:
Researchers are encouraged to submit an abstract on one of these or any other topic that closely relates to Addressing Inequality and Promoting Inclusive and Sustainable Development.
The abstract should be no more than 300 words and submitted in type-written, single-spaced, in the Times New Roman (12 point) font, and Left justified. A list of 4-6 key words must be written in brackets at the end of the abstract. The title, author name(s) and addresses should be centered at the top of the abstract.
File type: Word for Windows/ Microsoft Word